Thank you for your interest in the Certified Identity Governance Expert® (CIGE) designation. To be eligible for certification, candidates must be members of Identity Management Institute® (IMI), pay the required fees, and complete this application to 1) demonstrate 120 qualifying points based on education, experience and training, and, 2) submit a written risk statement. If you are not currently an IMI member, please also submit a membership application.
Qualifying Point System
Post high school education = 10 points per year (Minimum of 40 points is required)
Each active professional certification = 10 points
One year of professional experience = 10 points (Minimum of 60 points is required)
Critical Risk Domains™
- Governance Body
- Roles, Responsibilities, Accountability
- Mission and Goals
- Strategy, Roadmap, and Planning
- Governance Policies and Procedures
- Risk Management & Internal Controls (Security, Availability, Integrity, IAM)
- Funding, Resource Allocation, and ROI
- Independent Audits, Monitoring, and Performance Measurement
- Compliance (Regulatory, Policies, Contracts)
- Information Technology
Upon receipt and pre-approval of your application (s), you will receive an online payment voucher for the appropriate membership and/or certification amount. This process is introduced to pre-approve applications prior to payments and avoid collection of credit card numbers on the application. Upon receipt of your payment, your certificate will be mailed.
If you prefer to pay by check, are part of a paid group, or have additional questions, please visit the contact page for our mailing address or to contact us.